Wednesday, December 7, 2011

what i want wednesday!

With the holidays fast approaching, my wish list has been getting pretty full lately.  I can always find a million things I want as long as I keep up with my wishlist and pinterest - as opposed to having no idea what I want and then getting presents that you'll just take back to the store anyway.

Really, if you don't have a wishlist, start one asap! It's so easy! I use amazon, but there are a ton of sites out there that let you make a wishlist - you just install a button on your browser toolbar, and whenever you see anything you like, you just click "add to wishlist" and it's done!  Here's my wishlist.

I know a lot of people just use pinterest, too, and just have a specific board for their wishlist.  Also super easy because there's a toolbar button that just says "pin it"!

So anyway, here are things that I've been loving lately!

This perpetual calendar from uncommongoods.com.  You use your finger to rub the black part on each date, and the heat makes a fact about that day visible, then it switches back to black after a minute.  And it's laminated so you can write with a dry erase marker on the dates, then erase them and start over the next year!  Fun, huh?

This cookie jar from anthropologie.  It's out of stock but I'm sure there are other pear-shaped cookie jar/ceramic things out there somewhere.


2012 Mountain Calendar by pamlostracco - love this.  i think i might have to buy it for myself.

This beautiful photo from CarolynCochrane on etsy
Pretzels, chocolate, caramel, and pecans - these are so good, yall.  My mother-in-law made them a couple years ago, and I loved them, and I've made them a couple times since then because they are so good.  Just put rolos (yes, the candy) on top of a pretzel, then put in the oven for 5-10 minutes, then just press the pecans down on top and they're soft from the oven so they just smoosh (smush?) down.  So easy.  Unrolling all the rolos is a little time consuming, get a little elf to help with that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment