Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Studio Tour!

I am lucky that I have a space large enough to consider a "studio," but unfortunately having a larger space means I have a bigger mess.  My husband works from home, so he has our 3rd bedroom as his office.  I have our basement, which is pretty large.  I've got a table set up in the corner with my laptop and printer, and a shelving unit to hold my paper/sewing machine/envelopes/ink/other supplies.

Oh, and I apologize for the pics, they were taken with my new HTC Thunderbolt phone and I haven't quite gotten the hang of making them look semi-normal yet.

Digital Artist Studio Tour Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Printer

Digital Artist Studio Tour Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Printer
My printer is an Epson Stylus Photo 1400.  It's great, just a little slow, but that's due to the fact I'm printing at a high DPI to keep my print quality at a level I'm happy with.
I've also got a couple of the cheap plastic drawer units that hold things like paint, paintbrushes, drawing supplies, scrapbook paper, my sewing kit, fabric, and other random bits of projects.
Digital Artist Studio Tour Messy Shelves
if you look closely it's like a game where you have to find the random objects: quilting hoops, drafting dots, wood glue, stud finder, dremel tool, box of branches, ribbon, drill....
I want to build a nice corner desk with fun matching shelves and colorful bins to hold all my supplies, and have an organized inspiration board, but for now I'll stick with trying to grow my business, and one day maybe I can quit my job and it will make sense to do a studio renovation!
Studio Tour Xacto Knife Cutting Mat Ruler
My trusty cutting mat, X-acto knife, and metal ruler for cutting my prints!
Wall of Art Prints Priss Designs
 My wall of prints - things that have gotten printed and had imperfections and I don't want to throw them away...

No comments:

Post a Comment