Tuesday, November 22, 2011

i'm (blank) because...

I got inspired by this post from Little Miss Momma (love her!) and decided to make my own "I'm (Blank) Because" post. 

I'm weird because:
I have a thing for numbers - my birthday is Dec 3 (12-3), my anniversary is Jan. 23 (1-23) - so if my husband ever can't remember 1-2-3 then he has issues.  Also I love the numbers 7 and 3.  I have to set my alarm clock at numbers ending in 7 or 3 (right now it's 6:43).
I don't know if I ever want kids. 
I wear my hair in a ponytail at least 6 days a week - I go to work with my hair wet sometimes 3 days a week.  I'm not a morning person, so I stay in bed until the last possible moment, leaving no time to dry my hair.
I very very rarely wear makeup, I never wear dresses or skirts or heels unless it's a very special occasion.
My go-to meal if I'm cooking for myself is rice and black beans with diced tomatoes and chili powder and cumin.  I could eat that every night (too bad my husband doesn't like rice OR beans).
I sleep as far away from my husband as possible in our king bed - I get hot!

But I'll cuddle with my doggy all night long! haha

I'm a bad friend because:
I'm horrible at keeping in touch - I never call anyone, I'm more of a homebody and I like to sit around and watch TV as opposed to talking on the phone at night.
I'm not good at being sympathetic.  I just don't know what to say to people when I'm trying to console them.

I'm a good friend because:
I love my best friends no matter what.
I'll stick by you and defend you.
I'll cry with you over cheap wine.

With my best friend Lindsey before a Miranda Lambert concert


I'm sad because:
I feel complacent a lot - I tell myself to be a go-getter and have more confidence to work toward things I want, but I rarely ever take the steps to put myself out there.
I wish I was better at keeping in touch with my friends and family and that I was motivated to go out and do things with people.
I'm happy because:
I just got a call from the oral surgeon with my expected out-of-pocket cost for getting all of my wisdom teeth removed, and it came in at a whopping $182! I was expecting more around the $1000 to $2000 range, so you can imagine how much better this is!
I get a few days off work for the holidays.  

At a football game - We're a little sweaty, just overlook that part, it was hot!

I'm excited for:
I just finished my Dreamweaver 2 class and I feel pretty confident that I could make a good website at this point and I still have a few more classes left to take in my Web Design Certificate program.
I get to cuddle on the couch with my husband and my Caesarbear for like 5 nights straight!  And I get to go to the Georgia/Georgia Tech game on Saturday.

Oh yeah, PS I dyed my hair brown, what do you think?  I think I probably need to learn to not look so weird when I'm taking pictures of myself in the mirror.


Have a good Thanksgiving everybody!




1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I came here from your store because I loved your designs! I'm planning to get the large 2012 wall calendar.

    Also, you are NOT weird for not wearing dresses and make-up. That stuff was created just to control us.

    ReplyDelete