Monday, February 13, 2012

exciting news!

when it comes to marketing myself, i'm not very good at putting myself out there.  i've known forever that if i want to grow my business, i need to put together a press kit and send to blogs and magazines, and get featured to get more exposure.  the problem is, i just never do it.  well, in a twist of fate, one of the biggest magazines to be featured in contacted me last week and wanted to feature one of my prints in their magazine.  This print, called Shades of Blue, is a twist on the chevron pattern you see everywhere these days.
Shades of Blue, chevron diamond pattern by Priss Designs


So, this summer, you'll see "Shades of Blue" as part of a feature in MARTHA STEWART WEDDINGS!   As far as I know, they'll be making different things using patterns and numbers (table numbers and other wedding-y things), then they'll offer a download of all the patterns on their website along with different numbers, so you can make fun printed table number stands! The feature will be in the summer issue... not sure which one yet.  It's kind of crazy that now I just basically have to wait 4-6 months for the issue to come out.  Considering I have no idea what I'll be doing at that point, it's kind of crazy to think I might get some good exposure and who knows what will happen as a result.  Regardless, I'll have something super exciting to put in my bio: Featured in Martha Stewart Weddings!

1 comment:

  1. I just nominated you for two awards!! :) Check it out! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete