Tuesday, August 18, 2009

trying to get "out there"

so, yes, starting this blog was initially about making fun of things we thought were dumb, and pointing out things that are awesome.
i guess if i want people to like me, and get my work out there so i can sell some art & meet cool people, then i probably shouldn't make fun of people.
although, sometimes i just can't help myself. but i swear i'll try to be nice. (sometimes, haha)

anyway, so a quick note about my etsy treasury, sorry but after two days it expires then it is lost forever. so although it doesn't work anymore, i'm gonna keep the post there to remind me of my first treasury! i still have the draft saved so maybe i'll make a "myfavorites" list that will be more permanent, and i can give little shoutouts to the artists.

anyway, so i was reading my google reader just now and saw a post from decorology about artquiver.

i took a little quiz and gives you like 80 paintings that it thinks match your style.
although i didn't like ALL of the art it gave me, i did like a few a lot. here are my favorites:

The Shaman's Dance by Lisa Mishler

They Float by Troy Viss


Urban Legend #12 by Daniel Stuelpnagel
The Reporting of Events by Greg Minah
i don't have the dollars to buy these awesome artworks (i'll stick to the etsy for my artwork) but i would love some comparable options.

yay! back to work... booo

2 comments: