Thursday, April 29, 2010

trees and branches and nature, oh my!

so, i'm seriously OBSESSED with all things trees. branches, leaves, and birds make me happy.
even my art is all branches, leaves, and birds. just check out the shop if you don't believe me.

and everything i see with birch trees just makes me want to decorate my entire house in the rustic style with birch poles lining the walls and birch tree lamps and candle holders and paintings. the problem is, i've just started to get into the rustic look, and most of my furniture and art is more modern, so i'm not sure how to integrate them during the transition time. i don't have the money to perform a complete overhaul on my open floor plan living room/dining room/kitchen/foyer.

i have this silver panel piece that takes up an entire section of my wall (by carl ash, bought it on ebay), and it fits into my tree obsession, but not really my rustic theme. (don't tell my husband though, it cost way too much money for me to give up on it, so maybe it will be relocated.) Carl Ash Silver Metal Wall Art Modern Tree Artmy coffee table is the ikea glass/silver one (like the side table shown, i couldn't find a pic of the coffee table.)IKEA Silver Glass Side Coffee Table i also have another panel of brushed aluminum art that i bought years ago, and i just got these really cute paisley pillows in silver and black.Silver Black Paisley Embroidered Pillowswhat i'm afraid of is making everything look super cheesy by decorating everything in birch trees. for example, birch paintings, birch candleholders, birch vases, birch lamps, birch pillows... you get the picture. i'm trying to go for the rustic look without it looking way too overdone.
here are some of my faves.
Tree Bark Faux Bois Candlefrom a Country Living "How to Make Candles" tutorial

Cole Sons Woods Wallpaper Birch Trees(coles & sons woods wallpaper from rose & radish)

Birch Tree DIY Log Round Side Tablediy birch table from seeingdesign.com

Reclaimed Wood Dining Tablereclaimed wood dining table from hudson furniture


so what do you think, kids? how far is too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment